After completing Chapter 7 of the text and associated
DVD material the reader will be able to:
- Determine the reaction order and specific reaction rate from experimental data
obtained from either batch or flow reactors.
- Describe how to use equal-area differentiation, polynomial fitting, numerical difference formulas and regression to analyze experimental data to determine the rate law.
- Use regression software to evaluate the rate law parameters given experimental data.
- Describe how the methods of half lives, and of initial rate, are used to analyze rate data.
- Describe two or more types of laboratory reactors used to obtain rate law data
along with their advantages and disadvantages.