Re: [netatalk-admins] AS IP speeds

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] AS IP speeds
From: Osma Ahvenlampi (oa@spray.fi)
Date: Mon Jan 11 1999 - 03:08:14 EST

Bob Atkins <bob@cherokee.digilink.net> writes:
> I have found through considerable experimentation that most G3/300
> systems can't do more than 380-420KBytes/sec sustained transfer rates
> using ftp to/from a local SPARC/Solaris server over a 10BT LAN. I can

I seem to remember reading some specifications when G3 systems came
out that essentially told that if you use both the built-in Ethernet
port and the serial ports, performance for both will suck
grandly. Remove serial port devices from the G3 Macs if you can.

--
It was a book to kill time for those who liked it better dead.
Osma Ahvenlampi <oa@spray.fi>