[netatalk-admins] [Q} log in as "root" and slow appletalk transfer

Subject: [netatalk-admins] [Q} log in as "root" and slow appletalk transfer
From: Kim Chua (still@doubt.com)
Date: Thu Jan 14 1999 - 16:12:20 EST

I have the following Problem:
I do most of my work on a mac which is connected via ethernet ONLY to
another pmac running LinuxPPC on which I have just set up an AppleShare
server. I am able to connect over TCP/IP via chooser but unable to log in
as root, which means I have very limited privileges. Is there anyway I
can have full write/read privileges? (I have set myself to belong to the
"root" group). Or even log in as "root", since I have no security issues
to solve?

Also transferring file from the Mac to the LinuxPPC over Netatalk is very
very very slow, is this very normal.

Thanks in advance

Kim