Re: [netatalk-admins] [Q} log in as "root" and slow appletalk transfer

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] [Q} log in as "root" and slow appletalk transfer
From: a sun (asun@saul9.u.washington.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 15 1999 - 16:42:48 EST

> I am not sure who's fault this is but i am going to smack them when
> i find out. I have to FORCE the drives to mount via Appleshare so
> that i can read them this century. When i did a Tcpdump on the line

   On the face of it, it must be something to do with Linux PPC since
   those of with linux/x86 or Solaris/Sparc aren't seeing this kind of
   behaviour. Why don't you go back to an AppleTalk-only version?

umm, i actually doubt that as i don't have any problem using linuxppc
with netatalk. i guess i would ask what versions of everything are
being used. using the latest and greatest is always a good idea. i,
for example, am using os 8.5.1 on the macos side and 2.1.127 on the
linuxppc side.

-a