[netatalk-admins] Questions...

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Questions...
From: Kimon Tsinteris (kimon@cornell.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 23 1999 - 17:55:22 EST

Hello,

I just started trying to network my linux box and a G3 together. Basically I
only have one IP and I was hopping my linux box would get that, and then be
an internet, file and print server for my mac. Basically, I am very new to
the aspect of networking computers together.

So far this is what I have. My linux box has two NICs in it. I was hopping
one would be connected to the Internet and the other just to my mac
(basically a daisy chain). Is this the right way to go about it? I basically
proceeded to install Netatalk and even dhcpd even though at that point I am
really over my head. I am not sure if I even need dhcpd because I only have
one other computer I am trying to network with and I presume could just as
easily assign static IPs. While on the topic of IPs... exactly what do I
want to assign my card that will be interfacing with the Mac, and likewise
for the Mac's card?

Currently Netatalk gives me an error that it cannot register Workstation@
and then proceeds on while it boots. But, I am thinking I have a lot of
configuring to do before any error message actually means much.

Thanks in advance,
Kimon