Re: [netatalk-admins] Idea for Net printing but i need help....

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Idea for Net printing but i need help....
From: Kadinger Andras (bandit@freeside.elte.hu)
Date: Sun Jan 24 1999 - 17:06:46 EST

On Sun, 24 Jan 1999, ian reinhart geiser wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Jan 1999, Albert Max Lai wrote:
> am i getting PS in?

Most probaby yes. Most people on Macs use the LaserWriter printer driver,
which outputs PostScript. If in doubt, send the data to a file and look at
it.

> if so how do i know who is sending it?

Recent LaserWriter drivers tend to output comments that beside others
contain the text from the Mac's Sharing Setup | Owner Name text field.

> this is another delema that i have yet to
> even solve. currently i can create a file
> in the TMP dir with a name of a date stamp.
>
> Is there a way for PAP to tell the server who
> is printing? Once this is solved I will have
> a script that can output PDF, GIF, EPS ... anything...

Why don't you set up separate spoolers/scripts for PDF, GIF, EPS ...
anything ? Wouldn't that solve this dilemma?

Regards,
Andras Kadinger
bandit@freeside.elte.hu