Re: [netatalk-admins] Idea for Net printing but i need help....

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Idea for Net printing but i need help....
From: Kadinger Andras (bandit@freeside.elte.hu)
Date: Sun Jan 24 1999 - 20:48:40 EST

Hello Ian,

On Sun, 24 Jan 1999, ian reinhart geiser wrote:

> nerd:\
> :pr=/etc/atalk/testpr.sh\

Oops, a '|' is missing I think. It should read:

pr=|/etc/atalk/testpr.sh

'|' is an undocumented way to tell papd you don't want to send
data to an lpr printer named '/etc/atalk/testpr.sh' but you want to pipe
the data into the program '/etc/atalk/testpr.sh'.

> it works when i send testpr.sh junk from stdin but when i use the pap it
> dumps core...

Hmm, that's not nice, but I think happens because of this.

> am i going in the wrong direction.

No, you just missed a step. :)

Regards,
Andras Kadinger