Re: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk and OPI

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk and OPI
From: Kadinger Andras (bandit@freeside.elte.hu)
Date: Sun Jan 24 1999 - 22:30:30 EST

On Sun, 24 Jan 1999, Frank Morton wrote:

> >But we use almost exclusively (more than 98%) Photoshop EPS and
> >Illustrator EPS files, where a lo-res file is unnecessary,
>
> My experience is the same. What does everyone think. Does an EPS
> only OPI do the job (i.e., no TIFF or Scitex CT support is not really
> a problem)?

Actually I haven't written this in the previous message for I wanted it to
look good, but there is one thing that I find useful that can't be done
with EPS-es: colorizing; you can't colorize a grayscale or bitmap EPS in
Quark, while you can do that with TIFFs. For me this is the only argument
to validate supporting TIFFs. However since this is so very rare here, I
can live with reading them up at full-res once while placing into the
document (Quark downsamples them anyway and uses that for redraws).

Regards,
Andras Kadinger
bandit@freeside.elte.hu