[netatalk-admins] netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.X +AFS +MacOS-8.5.X

Subject: [netatalk-admins] netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.X +AFS +MacOS-8.5.X
From: Randall S. Winchester (rsw@Glue.umd.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 02 1999 - 12:15:13 EST

1) Does any one have experiance with netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.0 on a Solaris
platform in and AFS environment with MacOS-8.5 clients? Is there a
"definitive" authentication (kclient vs others) to use now?

2) Also, an ignorant question, Can the client be shown a single server icon
(like "My home") in the chooser, which actually is pointing to any of 10
machines?

With Appletalk we had to put a netatalk-server up in each lab. With the
TCP/IP support we would like to have a row of netatalk-servers in a machine
room on a high speed network. The clients should only be presented with a
single choice.

Thanks,
Randall