Re: [netatalk-admins] Funny Dates

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Funny Dates
From: Stephen Waters (luyseyal@austin.cc.tx.us)
Date: Thu Feb 04 1999 - 13:41:01 EST

my $0.02,

i think that it would be EXTREMELY nice if netatalk functioned,
at least from a sysadmin/user config perspective, more like samba.
i'm not sure how this would work from a developer's perspective
given that i'm not much of a programmer meself (a little bash ;)

maybe netatalk-asun3.0 or something.

i'd esp. like to see:

1) atalkpasswd == smbpasswd
working at a school, we basically have guest/student and staff
logins. i'd like to eliminate having a home dir for student and
just have 1 file, atalkpasswd, to deal with like in samba.

thanks for listening,

-stephen