Re: [netatalk-admins] [netatalk-admin] Multiple serve in afpd.conf and ports

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] [netatalk-admin] Multiple serve in afpd.conf and ports
From: PayPC System Mail Subscriber (spammail@quanta.paypc.com)
Date: Mon Feb 08 1999 - 05:11:13 EST

Yann Bizeul said in [netatalk-admins] [netatalk-admin] Multiple serve in
afpd.conf and ports at 07/Feb/1999 (Sun) 21:57:25.

> Hi all...
>
> I would like tu understand how usefull it can be to set up multiple servers,
> with different ports in afpd.conf...
> When putting -port 12000 in afpd.conf, the chooser can't access to the
> server... I think it is because the choose use the port 548 to reach it...
> So why putting another port number ? is there possible to redirect the port
> via DNS ?

Heheh, this is probably one of the most kept secrets, but just about every
Macintosh TCP/IP utility I have allows me to append :portnumber or "
portnumber" (a space instead of a ':') after an address to specify a
different port number to use.

So, after clicking on the "Server address" button, enter your
servername:portnum, and as you French say, Voila!

=Robert=