Re: [netatalk-admins] No server in Chooser

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] No server in Chooser
From: Stefan Bethke (stefan@promo.de)
Date: Tue Feb 09 1999 - 13:27:51 EST

Paul Wolstenholme <wolstena@sfu.ca> wrote:

>> This doesn't apply to any supported version of FreeBSD (2.2.x, 3.x, or
>> 4.x) for both netatalk 1.4b2 or asun 2.1.x.
>
> This is good to know. I was confused a bit by the previous post.
>

>> When switching from FreeBSD 2.2 to 3.0, you'll need to (re-)install the
>> appropriate package for netatalk due to a change in the kernel interface
>> for link-layer multicast addresses.
>
> I've done this and still have the same problem on FreeBSD 3.0. At the
> moment I am using an Intel Express 10/100, I'm going to try a another card
> when I get a chance.

It probably isn't the card.

I should have been more specific in my original reply: you have two
FreeBSD *3.0* package.

Compiling and installing from the port is straightforward if you have the
ports tree installed (the one from the 2.2.8 CDROMs does suffice, but the
newer the better):
# cd /usr/ports/net/netatalk-asun; make install

On the other hand, you can install the 3.0 package either from your 3.0
CD-ROMs (not sure on which of the four CDs the packages are located,
however).

You can also download the package from your favorite FTP mirror.

When using the binary package, make sure to use the one for FreeBSD 3.0 (or
newer). Packages compiled on and for older versions of FreeBSD do not work
correctly.

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke
Promo Datentechnik      |  Tel. +49-40-851744-18