Re: [netatalk-admins] No server in Chooser

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] No server in Chooser
From: Paul Wolstenholme (wolstena@sfu.ca)
Date: Tue Feb 09 1999 - 14:40:47 EST

Thanks for the clarification (I actually was not confused by your post
but by the promiscus mode post which I could not find reference to in the
FreeBSD ifconfig man page).

I did however compile the latest port which resulted in the same problem.
There is apparently a problem with the way FreeBSD 3.0 handles
multicasting. a sun provided a small patch for netatalk-asun which he
thought might do the trick but alas it did not.

All in all, this isn't such a bad problem for a campus computer --
security through obsurity. Although, it is a pain not to be able to used
papd.