Re: [netatalk-admins] Change Passwords

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Change Passwords
From: Jamie Biggar (jamie@scifi.com)
Date: Tue Feb 09 1999 - 16:02:45 EST

Hi all,
  This feels like a dumb question since no one else has been asking about
it, but I can't make -setpasswd work.

I've got both -randnum and -rand2num authentication working just fine, but
from the OS 8.5 Chooser (I think I've tried everything from 7.6.1 up), the
"Change Password" button always stays greyed.

My current afpd.conf looks like this (though I've tried many
permutations:

        "Spanky" -transall -rand2num -setpasswd -savepasswd

(as I said, I can login fine)

The suggested libdes files are installed in the right locations,
compilation seems to work fine, during the 'make', I can see that the
if/thens in the etc/afpd/Makefile triggered properly to set -DUAM_RNDNUM,
afpd is running as root... This is with asun2.1.1 (on RH5.1 and 5.2),
though I've tried with earlier builds as well with similar results.

Any suggestions are much appreciated. I'll happily digest any responses
for inclusion in the FAQ-O-Matic... :-)

Jamie Biggar
The Dominion
http://www.scifi.com