Re: [netatalk-admins] Re: Nice work!

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Re: Nice work!
From: Albert Max Lai (amlai@columbia.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 15 1999 - 07:05:35 EST

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Stew Benedict wrote:

> Are there any plans to implement the "if" stanza in papd? This would
> allow one to use printers with no specific Apple driver (like my HP693C)
> by routing the jobs through Ghostscript. Also I have my printers' power
> controlled by an X10 module, which is triggered on by a hacked lpr script.

You can get papd to print to just about anything.
All you have to do is something like this:
HP693C:\
        :pr|lprscript:op=printman:\
        :etc....

This will work on pretty much any command that can take it's postscript
intput through stdin. This also allows one to do a lot of tricks with the
postscript. Anyways, if you can print to it through lpr, then you can
probably print to it using papd. If you have further questions feel free
to ask.

--
Albert Lai <amlai@columbia.edu>           1018D East Campus
Residential Computer Consultant           411 W. 116th St.