[netatalk-admins] Adding printers in Solaris

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Adding printers in Solaris
From: Michael Mercier (mercma@uleth.ca)
Date: Mon Feb 22 1999 - 11:17:13 EST

On my solaris machine I have created a printer with "access" to a
printer on another machine using the command
lpadmin -p Laser_E610 -s <servername>!<queuename>
I am able to print to it using the command line and have it show up in
the queue on the other machine. I am having problems getting a mac to
print to this queue. Do you have to start in.lpd on the solaris box?
Since there is no /etc/printcap file what do you use?
/etc/printers.conf? What is the papd.conf supposed to look like? Any
help would be appreciated.

--
Michael Mercier
Department of Information Technology