[netatalk-admins] netatalk client time out

Subject: [netatalk-admins] netatalk client time out
From: Netatalk Admin (netatalk@freebsd.starkmedia.com)
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 10:41:12 EST

I have been running netatalk for some time now on my freebsd workstation
at the office. Recently I bought my own server and installed netatalk and
got that up and running.

Then I upgraded both copies of netatalk a more current release.
(Thanks asun!)

So I am going along like I always am, passing files back and forth on my
home mac, and after some time of being idle, the server drops my
connection. The same thing happens at the office. One of the mac users
is working off the freebsd/netatalk server and she gets dropped. We can
re-mount the drive, but will get drop later again anyway.

Is this a time-out or is netatalk bombing out?

Is there a time-out built into netatalk?

As far as I know, users should be able to keep the drive mounted all day
and not loose the connection.

Let me know if you need more info. This problem sort of baffles me.

brennan stehling - offwhite.net