[netatalk-admins] ifpap and extended character sets

Subject: [netatalk-admins] ifpap and extended character sets
From: Duclos Darie (Darie.Duclos@unifr.ch)
Date: Fri Mar 12 1999 - 09:52:16 EST

Hi,
        I've finally managed to get netatalk and lprng working
together to print stuff out to my LaserWriters from a Sun printer
server. However, I realize that ifpap doesn't support the extended
character set. Being in Switzerland (and particularly in Freiburg
where people live in french and in german), this is a big handicap.
        Before I installed netatalk, I printed to the LaserWriters
through CAP. Now, papif from CAP *does* do extended character sets.
Howcome ifpap doesn't? Does someone know of another filter that
does pap and extended character sets? I don't want to use CAP for
various reasons, one of which is that I have never been able to
compile it to work on Solaris 2.6+. I'm still using a version
compiled under 2.4 now and I don't like to rely on something I
can't reinstall.

This has been a rather frustrating week. I'd be awfully grateful
to come in to work to some good news on Monday. Thanks for your
help.

Darie Duclos
Systems Manager "All my life I've wanted
Institut d'Informatique to be somebody, it's
Universite de Fribourg only now I see I should
Darie.Duclos@unifr.ch have been more specific."
tel: +41 26 300 83 42
fax: +41 26 300 96 42 -- Lily Tomlin