[netatalk-admins] stability???

Subject: [netatalk-admins] stability???
From: Netatalk Admin (netatalk@freebsd.starkmedia.com)
Date: Fri Mar 12 1999 - 13:09:08 EST

Is the current version of netatalk stable?

The reason I am asking is because yesterday I installed it on the sparc
here and it has dropped one session from a Mac already. With the freebsd
machine, current version of netatalk, it has dropped sessions as well.

Connections are dying and I do not know why? I would like to look into it
in more detail than I have, but I do not have a lot of time to deal with
it and am not sure I would be able to find the problem should there be
one.

So, is anyone having a similar problem? Does the mounted drive every just
drop? Were you actively working with a remote file or application when it
happened or were you idle?

Also there is some whackiness going on when I am viewing files on the
Sparc (sunos 5). There is a file, which is a symlink to another file in
the same directory (thisfile.pl -> thisfile.txt) but they seem to jump
around while I am viewing them. The txt file changes to pl and back and
forth. Strange. I am guessing it is an bug, not a feature. ;-P

Your responses and help is always appreciated,

Brennan Stehling - supposed former internet junky