Re: [netatalk-admins] stability???

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] stability???
From: a sun (asun@saul6.u.washington.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 12 1999 - 13:46:46 EST

   The reason I am asking is because yesterday I installed it on the sparc
   here and it has dropped one session from a Mac already. With the freebsd
   machine, current version of netatalk, it has dropped sessions as well.

make sure you have the latest versions of the appleshare client and
the os as well. if you have the energy saver on, try to fiddle with it
to see if that helps.

   Also there is some whackiness going on when I am viewing files on the
   Sparc (sunos 5). There is a file, which is a symlink to another file in
   the same directory (thisfile.pl -> thisfile.txt) but they seem to jump
   around while I am viewing them. The txt file changes to pl and back and
   forth. Strange. I am guessing it is an bug, not a feature. ;-P

umm, don't do that right now. links currently get assigned the same
file id. as file ids have to be unique, the finder gets a little
confused as a result.

-a