Re: [netatalk-admins] server not showing up in Chooser

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] server not showing up in Chooser
From: clouse@atdot.org
Date: Tue Mar 16 1999 - 18:24:44 EST

On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 11:05:53PM +0000, S. Lastinger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I hate to ask such a simple question (read as please don't flame me on
> this one ;-) but, are your mac client and netatalk server on the same
> subnet? And, if not, has the gateway's /etc/services and
> /etc/inetd.conf been modified with the necessary changes?

Hmmm. My mac is 192.168.1.100, the gateway is 192.168.1.1.
/etc/services is definately set up correctly. As for /etc/inetd.conf,
there is nothing in the docs or the FAQ that says anything about modifying
that.

I did find here: http://thehamptons.com/anders/netatalk/, that afpd.conf
is supposed to have a "-" in it for "this machine". That could be my
problem. The comments in the file say:
# The simplest case is to not have an afpd.conf.
so I believed them. :) Will find out in 1 hour whether this is, indeed,
the fix.

Ray Clouse                                  I'M HAPPY BECAUSE I EAT LARD.
Cypress, CA USA
Ray.Clouse AT boeing.com
rclouse AT atdot.org