Re: [netatalk-admins] server not showing up in Chooser

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] server not showing up in Chooser
From: a sun (asun@saul3.u.washington.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 17 1999 - 01:43:49 EST

   "My Linux Box" doesn't show up in the "Select a file server:" box,
   but when I click the "Server IP Address..." button and enter the
   address (192.168.1.1), sure enough it comes up and says 'connected
   to the file server "My Linux Box"'! Is there something I'm missing
   on the Mac side, perhaps?

what ethernet card do you have? when you do an nbplkup what happens? i
suspect that the driver for your ethernet card doesn't handle
multicast properly.

   Hmmm. On the HOWTO, it says this:

   (for AppleshareIP you have to click the AppleshareIP button and
   type your machine IP or name in.)

ignore that. it's there only if you want to run AFP/tcp only.

-a