[netatalk-admins] PC MacLAN problem?

Subject: [netatalk-admins] PC MacLAN problem?
From: Les Barstow (lbarstow@entire.com)
Date: Wed Mar 17 1999 - 10:46:34 EST

Our support team just ran in to an interesting problem...

We use netatalk 1.4b2 and samba 1.9.18p7 on our systems to provide
EtherTalk and SMB support to client desktop systems. One of our
customers is running *only* PC MacLAN on their PCs (Win98) and, though
initially confused, we recovered (mostly).

That is, until we renamed a directory in one of the shares. Now, all
of a sudden, the PC can not see the share at all. We've rebooted,
removed .AppleDouble directories, etc. with no luck.

Any ideas or experiences?

TIA,
Les Barstow
System Administrator