[netatalk-admins] installation question: Solaris 7

Subject: [netatalk-admins] installation question: Solaris 7
From: John Browning (jb@poplar.com)
Date: Thu Mar 18 1999 - 14:37:42 EST

I'd be very grateful for some help.

I'm trying to install netatalk on Solaris 7. The make kinstall stops with an error trying to do the add_drv bit. It complains that the driver is installed, but not attached. Which leads to some questions:

* is there any known reason that netatalk won't work on Solaris 7?

* does anybody know what's going wrong here?

* I notice that there is no /dev/dpp -- although netconfig refers to one, and all the other /devs that netconfig refers to do exist. If this has something to do with it, could somebody talk me through making a new /dev for ddp?

Many thanks in advance for any help -- or even just reading this.

bests,

John Browning ||| 71 Richmond Ave ||| London N1 0LX
t + 44 171 700 1230 ||| f + 44 171 700 5255