Re: [netatalk-admins] installation question: Solaris 7

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] installation question: Solaris 7
From: Allen Wittenauer (allenw@iobm.com)
Date: Thu Mar 18 1999 - 14:59:06 EST

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, John Browning wrote:

> I'd be very grateful for some help.
>
> I'm trying to install netatalk on Solaris 7. The make kinstall stops with an error trying to do the add_drv bit. It complains that the driver is installed, but not attached. Which leads to some questions:

Which netatalk package are you using? I'm using -asun2.13 under 7 (32-bit) as
compiled by DevPro v5.0-alpha. It works here, except that occasionally the
server goes ...well.. wacko. On connected clients w/list views it starts to
re-order the file listing and mixes the file sizes and types up and eventually
closes the window (yet, the connection is maintained...)

[I'm hoping that is just a compiler issue. I haven't had a chance yet to
compile itunder DevPro 5.0 FCS yet.]