[netatalk-admins] Netatalk 1.4b2+Latest asun patch

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk 1.4b2+Latest asun patch
From: Serge Poirier (Serge_Poirier@ocdsb.edu.on.ca)
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 03:49:13 EST

Hi Folks,

I'm having a problem getting the ~ Home Volume showing up in the
chooser.

This is what's happening.

AppleVolumes.default # Netatalk seems to ignore any volume entries in
this file.
AppleVolumes.system # Netatalk seems to ignore the ~ Home volume
entry

Fortunately Netatalk correctly processes the other volumes I've
specified in
the AppleVolumes.system file, therefore I've been using this file to
configure my Netatalk server.

The permissions on the (2) volume configuration files are as follows,
and they are located
in /usr/local/atalk/etc.

-rw-r--r-- root root AppleVolumes.system
-rw-r--r-- root root AppleVolumes.default

My AppleVolumes.default file looks as follows.
~

My AppleVolumes.system file looks as follows.
/apps Apps

My afpd.conf file looks as follows.
AppleLinus -uservol -loginmesg "Welcome to Netatalk"

My afpd startup command looks as follows.
/usr/local/atalk/etc/afpd -g guest

All my non-guest accounts get authenticated correctly, and see the
specified login message.

My OS is Slackware Linux 3.6
(kernal 2.0.35) running Netatalk 1.4b2+asus 2.1.3

I am generally happy with Netatalk, and the program is very usable
even with the problems I am having. I was mostly curious as to why I
can't
get the (~ Home) volume to show up in the Chooser, and would
apprepriate
any suggestions anyone might have.

Thanks in Advance
/Serge