[netatalk-admins] netatalk needs to be modified in order to let PC MacLan work on NT/9x machines.

Subject: [netatalk-admins] netatalk needs to be modified in order to let PC MacLan work on NT/9x machines.
From: Alex Yu (ayu1@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Wed Mar 31 1999 - 17:30:08 EST

Hello,

This is what I got back from PC MacLan. They said that the reason why PC
MacLan doesn't work with netatalk is because case sensitive problem. In
Man, all directories/files are treat as non-case sensitive. For Mac, "This
is a long file name" = "THIS IS A LONG FILE NAME", which it is different
than in UNIX.

So is there anyway that you can modify the netatalk source code and avoid
this problem? Because the only solution that we find for Windoze platform
is to use PC MacLan software, and UNIX AppleTalk server gets better
performance than Mac AppleTalk server.

Best Regards,

Alex Yu
PGP: 1F23 3045 9F92 E856 3967 ACB3 5354 2CC0 7AA7 19FA