Re: [netatalk-admins] Password Encryption

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Password Encryption
From: The Wolf (thewolf@thewolfden.net)
Date: Thu Apr 01 1999 - 13:49:46 EST

Well, there you have it.
I got the impression that the afpd.conf file was optional unless you wanted
to set up virtual servers.
As soon as I added the line as you suggested, whamm-o, I was getting 2-way
encryption accross the wire.
Your help is greatly appreciated!

Sean.

>$ man afpd
>..
> -authall
> Allow NoUserAuthent, Cleartxt, AFS Kerberos, and
> Kerberos IV authentication methods (default).
>..
>
>OK, this is not very obvious, but "-authall" does *not* include all auth
>methods, but only those listed. In afpd.conf, add:
>- -randnum -rand2num -noauthall -noclrtxt
>and any other option you'd like to have.
>
>Note that in this case *every* user must have a ~/.passwd. Nobody can log
>in with cleartxt anymore.
>
>For all who are wondering where this text in the man page comes from: it's
>in the FreeBSD port for asun-2.1.3. (I'll send you the relevant patches
>tonite, Adrian).
>

>Stefan
>
>--
>Mühlendamm 12 | Voice +49-40-256848, +49-177-3504009
>D-22089 Hamburg | e-mail: stefan.bethke@hanse.de
>Germany | stb@freebsd.org

"Unix is not a "A-ha" experience, it is more of a "holy-shit" experience."
- Colin McFadyen in alt.folklore.computers