Re: [netatalk-admins] Ethernet card problems

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Ethernet card problems
From: Albert Max Lai (amlai@columbia.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 01 1999 - 15:57:19 EST

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, Jason Tuomy wrote:

> This has happened twice now so I would like to share this experience. I
> now have a file server running netatalk+asun and an Oracle server. At
> first both boxes came with Intel Pro/100 cards. Everything seemed fine

The Intel EtherExpress Pro 100 driver (eepro100) is slightly broken. It
has problems with multicasting. So, to fix this, you have to insert this
line into your /etc/conf.modules:
options eepro100 multicast_filter_limit=3

If there is anyone maintaining some sort of a FAQ, this should probably be
in there.

--
Albert Lai <amlai@columbia.edu>           1018D East Campus
Residential Computer Consultant           411 W. 116th St.