[netatalk-admins] permissions/ copying issue

Subject: [netatalk-admins] permissions/ copying issue
From: Satadru Pramanik (satadru@umich.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 01 1999 - 18:55:55 EST

I have compiled netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4 with Glibc 2.1 on LinuxPPC
(upgrading from the default LinuxPPC Rel 4), and everything seems to be
working ok. The server shows up in the chooser, I can log in, and files
show up. BUT, when I try to copy a file from a server volume to the
desktop, I get a message of "The Item "filename" can nnot be read because
it is already in use. Do you want to continue? <stop> <<continue>>" The
permissions on the files are the same as before:
-rwxrwxr-- 1 satadru satadru 40960 Apr 1 18:45 Peace.doc*

Any thoughts on this? this effectively makes afpd to share files
unusable.

I don't use a afpd.conf, instead passing this in my startup script:
/usr/local/atalk/etc/afpd -n newspeak

-sat-

--=
satadru pramanik `satadru@umich.edu' www.umich.edu/~satadru
Online Editor, The Michigan Daily
"I'm old enough to be living in the future I was warned about."
  - Myron Krueger
=--