[netatalk-admins] papd in netatalk-990130 not working

Subject: [netatalk-admins] papd in netatalk-990130 not working
From: Claus Riemann (Claus.Riemann@gmd.de)
Date: Fri Apr 02 1999 - 09:40:27 EST

Hi.

I just installed netatalk-990130 (without changes) on my Solaris 2.7
using the SUN C compiler (not GNU). Everything works fine except:

I have a papd.conf which looks like

zps:pr=|/a/print2zps:pd=/a/zps.ppd:

which was working under netatalk 1.4b2 (under SunOS 4.X). When I now
select the printer in the Chooser on the Mac and click on 'Create'
(to select the app. PPD file on my Mac) a dialog appears saying
After waiting a VERY LONG time I decided to use 'Cancel'....

Anyone has the same problems? I took a look at the papd-source and
noticed that there are many changes from 1.4b2... Is it well tested
with piped printing?

Thanx in advance,
  --cla

---