Re: [netatalk-admins] mac to linux file transfer

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] mac to linux file transfer
From: Eddie Irvine (eirvine@tpgi.com.au)
Date: Tue Apr 06 1999 - 06:37:19 EDT

Hi,

This may not be relevant, but do you know that your linux box
can FTP to *anywhere* on your LAN at a decent speed (like
800 kbytes/sec).

I mention this because I had a slowness problem for quite a while,
and it turned out my PC had left the factory with its
ethernet card set to full duplex.

Unless you are connected directly to a switch, half-duplex
is what you want.

Eddie.