Re: [netatalk-admins] ASIP ok, no Classic AppleTalk services

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] ASIP ok, no Classic AppleTalk services
From: Russell Hoffman (russ@whiterose.net)
Date: Fri Apr 09 1999 - 09:57:18 EDT

Atalkd does not give any errors on startup. At the moment, I am using an
Intel EtherExpress ISA card. The other card I have (which I have
not tried) is a 3com Etherlink III.

What feature does the Ethernet card need to support in order to work with
classical appletalk? Does it require promiscuous mode or something like
that?

Also, do I need an entry in /etc/protocols to define the ddp protocol?

Many thanks!