Re: [netatalk-admins] ASIP ok, no Classic AppleTalk services

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] ASIP ok, no Classic AppleTalk services
From: Russell Hoffman (russ@whiterose.net)
Date: Sun Apr 11 1999 - 22:07:15 EDT

Problem solved!

A Sun wrote:

> erk. i mistakenly read /etc/services instead of /etc/protocols. you
> don't need anything in /etc/protocols.

Thanks. I installed my 3com Etherlink III card (3c509 driver) and
everything works just fine. Apparently, the Intel Ether Express can't
handle the multicast, I guess. But, the good news is that the 3com
Etherlink III (3C509B model) works just great. So if you were keeping a
compatibility list somewhere, you can add that info.

Thanks again for all your help. I *NEVER* would have suspected a hardware
problem.

Russ Hoffman
russ@whiterose.net