Re: [netatalk-admins] ASIP ok, no Classic AppleTalk services

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] ASIP ok, no Classic AppleTalk services
From: Albert Max Lai (amlai@columbia.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 04:17:38 EDT

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Russell Hoffman wrote:

> Problem solved!
>
> A Sun wrote:
> >
> > erk. i mistakenly read /etc/services instead of /etc/protocols. you
> > don't need anything in /etc/protocols.

Well, a lot of us have the Intel EtherExpress running in our machines,
but you have to limit the multicast filter by putting the following line
in /etc/conf.modules:

options eepro100 multicast_filter_limit=3

It is not a hardware problem, but a driver problem. I would wish that
someone would get around to figuring out how to make it work without that
fix.

--
Albert Lai <amlai@columbia.edu>           1018D East Campus
Residential Computer Consultant           411 W. 116th St.