Re: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk and Solaris 7...

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk and Solaris 7...
From: Tim Carlson (tim@santafe.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 20 1999 - 18:37:05 EDT

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, David S. wrote:

> > /usr/ucb/install -c ddp /usr/kernel/drv/ddp
> > ln /usr/kernel/drv/ddp /usr/kernel/strmod/ddp
> > /usr/ucb/install -c ddp.conf /usr/kernel/drv/ddp.conf
> > add_drv -m '* 0666 root sys' ddp
> > drvconfig: Driver (ddp) failed to attach
> > Warning: Driver (ddp) successfully added to system but failed to attach
> > *** Error code 1
>
> If you're using the 64-bit Solaris 7 kernel, then you need to build the
> the '1.4b2+asun.2.1.4' (the latest UMich version might also
> work, but I haven't tried it) version of 'netatalk' kernel driver with a
> compiler that will generate 64-bit instructions on the Ultra Sparc
> architecture. The only one I know of that can do that right now is
> Sun's 5.0 C compiler. If you don't have that compiler, you'll have to
> boot into the 32-bit kernel to get 'netatalk' to work

This doesn't work yet. I tried the latest and greatest
pre-asun2.1.4-9.tar.gz

There is a missing include in quota.c
#include <sys/fcntl.h>

A slight glitch in the kinstall target (a missing space in the test) and I
have some unresolved problems with megatron.

I got the same error as above. I was compiling with Sun cc from Workshop
5.0 with all the -xarch=v9 flags in the correct places. Solaris 7 64bit
kernel. I'll take a whack at the 32bit version in the morning.

Oh, and a recent snapshot of egcs can build 64bit code, however I had
problems with the libatalk.a library that was built. Haven't figured out
a solution to that yet.

Tim