Re: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk and Solaris 7...

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk and Solaris 7...
From: David S. (davids@fruitfly.BDGP.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: Tue Apr 20 1999 - 14:26:45 EDT

On 19 Apr, Ari Berman wrote:
> I can't for the life of me get netatalk 1.4b2+asun 2.1.3 to compile on my
> Solaris 7 server.

> des.h. So, when I make clean and then comment out TCPWrapper support, Des
> support and PAM support, I get the real compile. Then, make kinstall
> installs the ddp driver but returns the following message:
>
> /usr/ucb/install -c ddp /usr/kernel/drv/ddp
> ln /usr/kernel/drv/ddp /usr/kernel/strmod/ddp
> /usr/ucb/install -c ddp.conf /usr/kernel/drv/ddp.conf
> add_drv -m '* 0666 root sys' ddp
> drvconfig: Driver (ddp) failed to attach
> Warning: Driver (ddp) successfully added to system but failed to attach
> *** Error code 1

If you're using the 64-bit Solaris 7 kernel, then you need to build the
the '1.4b2+asun.2.1.4' (the latest UMich version might also
work, but I haven't tried it) version of 'netatalk' kernel driver with a
 compiler that will generate 64-bit instructions on the Ultra Sparc
architecture. The only one I know of that can do that right now is
Sun's 5.0 C compiler. If you don't have that compiler, you'll have to
boot into the 32-bit kernel to get 'netatalk' to work

David S.
davids@bdgp.org