Re: [netatalk-admins] netatalk and Retrospect

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] netatalk and Retrospect
From: C. Harald Koch (chk@nevex.com)
Date: Tue Apr 20 1999 - 12:04:14 EDT

In message <Pine.BSF.4.10.9904162128080.4899-100000@phluffy.fks.bt>, Mike Holling writes:

> What kind of tricks are folks using to get better performance out of this
> setup? I guess you could backup to a local hard drive first and then
> write that to tape.

I use retrospect to backup the mac directly to my UNIX box, which is running
amanda. I write to the Amanda staging disk (since it's there), and then later
the same night amanda starts and backs up everything, including it's staging
disk. Much better overall performance...

--
C. Harald Koch     <chk@amdur.com>

"It takes a child to raze a village." -Michael T. Fry