Re: [netatalk-admins] Information on other authentications

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Information on other authentications
From: wesley.craig@umich.edu
Date: Wed Apr 21 1999 - 10:36:01 EDT

> From: Kent Reuber <reuber@leland.Stanford.EDU>
> To: netatalk-admins@umich.edu

> I am running Netatalk on my Linux box (RedHat 5.1). I am also running a
> Kerberos server (for secure telnet sessions) as well. Kerberos would be
> preferable, but I'm not sure how well the Umich Kerberos authentication UAM
> will work with MacLeland, the Kerberos client we use at Stanford. Any
> suggestions here would be welcome.

The AuthManUAM will probably work fine with "MacLeland", since I
understand that it's Kerberos IV support is just AuthMan repackaged.
However, AuthManUAM is not compatible with AppleShare 3.8.1, i.e. the
version that supports AFP/TCP. We'll release a version of AuthManUAM
before WWDC, which starts 10 May.

:wes