RE: [netatalk-admins] group permissions

Subject: RE: [netatalk-admins] group permissions
From: Alex Yu (ayu1@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Wed Apr 21 1999 - 22:33:27 EDT

> How do I get netetalk to honour group permissions? I have the
> set to 002, but since atalk comes in via the kernel it doesn't

netatalk will automatically set the permission for you. For example, if you
have a group share directory, let's say micro$oft, and the group is GATES.
You need to chmod it so that group GATES has rwx permission (chmod g+rwx
GATES). Make sure that you set users in GATES group (/etc/group). Whenever
users/GATES write files in micro$oft directory, netatalk will auto set the
permission to 775/dirs and 664/files if you have 775 permission on micro$oft
directory. Hope this helps.

Alex