Re: [netatalk-admins] how to send messages to Macs?

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] how to send messages to Macs?
From: William P. McGonigle (William.P.McGonigle@Hitchcock.ORG)
Date: Tue May 04 1999 - 12:00:56 EDT

--- Osma Ahvenlampi wrote:
Is there any similar feature in AppleTalk networks? If not by default,
then perhaps with extra software? I would like to be able to send a
message from the netatalk server to every Mac currently connected to
it (which are connected I can figure out from the active afpd
processes).
--- end of quote ---

Yes, it exists on AppleShare Server, but README.ASUN states:

        server messages -- at this point, there is no mechanism to send
                           an arbitrary server message.

-Bill