[netatalk-admins] Broken files

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Broken files
From: Andreas Lehmann (andreas.c.lehmann@gmx.net)
Date: Wed May 05 1999 - 16:51:08 EDT

I am running netatalk 1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2 on a SuSE 6.0 Linux System
running the 2.2.3 kernel.

Everything works fine. My G3 MACs can write to the server and they can
read from it ...

All applications (f.e. Quark Express) running on the MACs can open
files, delete and change.

Only one application is running into probs with the server, Macromedia
Freehand.
Freehand can open existing fh8 files (native Freehand files) but when
these are (re)written to the server they get broken. These files can be
written to the local disk and be opened without any probs. The local
files can be copied to the server by Finder and dont get broken. Tey can
be opened then by Freehand, but get broken, when storede to the server
again.

Is this a known problem, does any solution exist for this problem?

Many thanks in advance for help.

        andreas