Re: [netatalk-admins] Linux Freezing...

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Linux Freezing...
From: Mike Reiling (miker@netopia.com)
Date: Mon May 10 1999 - 12:47:27 EDT

My system is a dual Pentium-133 w/64Megs of ram and 25 gigs of disk space.
The ethernet card is a 3C509. The motherboard is a Tyan Tomcat III (1563D).
My guess is it has something to do with the smp stuff, since I have only had
problems on this machine. As har as glibc, I was running the 2.2.4 kernel
under redhat 5.2 w/ its stock glibc, so I don't think it could be the new
version.

I will play around with it. I might just swap the smp kernel for a single cpu
kernel for now, and then get a new motherboard, since I would like a faster
machine anyway.

Thanks for all your help,
Mike