Re: [netatalk-admins] tape backup to a mac

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] tape backup to a mac
From: Craig A Summerhill (craig@cni.org)
Date: Tue May 18 1999 - 01:22:39 EDT

On Mon, 17 May 1999, Bob Atkins <bob@cherokee.digilink.net> wrote:

> While Retrospect may be a good product it is a proprietary product and
> it is fairly expensive.

[snip]

> If anyone is up to writing such an application I may even fund the
> development.

Bob,

It is safe to assume that you will find such an effort up to (but
not in excess of) the cost of licensing Retrospect? B^)

At a price of $149 for the base product and 10 client packs for $170
(Mac Zone prices), I don't personally find Retrospect to be a "fairly
expensive" program... As a not-for-profit corporation, we're hardly
rolling in cash. Retrospect works fine for us.

--

Craig A. Summerhill, Systems Coordinator and Program Officer Coalition for Networked Information 21 Dupont Circle, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20036 Internet: craig@cni.org AT&Tnet (202) 296-5098