[netatalk-admins] Big Big problems with Trash (data losts...)

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Big Big problems with Trash (data losts...)
From: Yann Bizeul (yann@tynsoe.com)
Date: Sun Feb 14 1904 - 16:56:27 EST

Hi all...

I have really big problem related to the trash, and to on two different
machines running the same version of netatalk (1.4b2+asun 2.1.3)

Some times, one of the connected workstations have inside the trash, a
xhole diretory that should be in a shared directory, the directory itself
is not in Shared volume FOR THIS WORKSTATION ! But other clients connected
see this folder, and trash is empty...
Sure, if the workstation in question empties the trash, the whole
directory is deleted from the server... funny isn't it ?
This does not happened alwas for the same directory...
I tried to do the trick to make de trashCan works with a multi-user
server, so I create Trash Can #3 owned by user1.user1, but that do not
work, always the same message "do u want to delete it immediatly" the
settings for the Network Trash Folder are 666 (rx for everyone) and its
parent directory is set to rwxrwsrwx, this to always apply its own group
for the folder inside...

I'm really going crazy with this. I have aboute 60 users on this server,
risks to delete a folder everyday is considerable...

I really need your help guys.

Thanks