Re: [netatalk-admins] netatalk under os X?

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] netatalk under os X?
From: Julian Elischer (julian@whistle.com)
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 14:05:26 EDT

Macos X is basically a BSD interface.
you could start with the FreeBSD port of Appletalk..
THey do however have their own higher level stack elements in the kernel.
BSD just implements DDP (the IP equivalent) int hekernel, but
leaves ATP and other higher protocols to the userland. I believe
MACOS-X has ATP and friends in the kernel, so you may need to disable them
or in some other way bypass them to get netatalk to work well.
(also their routing and control interfaces will be somewhat different
(but probably more complete)).

julian