[netatalk-admins] kinstall on 64 bit solaris 7

Subject: [netatalk-admins] kinstall on 64 bit solaris 7
From: Sung Koo (skoo@dura.spc.uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 15:07:58 EDT

Hi,

I was wondering if this problem had been solved yet. (I'm new to the
list). When I attempt to compile and install netatalk (upto the latest
asun version) on a Ultra10 running 64bit Solaris, I get this error
message. I'm using egcs-1.1.2 gcc. This happens for I both the 32bit and
64 bit compiles.

add_drv -m '* 0666 root sys' ddp
drvconfig: Driver (ddp) failed to attach
Warning: Driver (ddp) successfully added to system but failed to attach
make: *** [kinstall] Error 1

I've heard Sun's native compiler will actually work, but I just don't have
it. Of course, egcs was suppose to work too.

Thanks for the help,
Sung Koo