Re: [netatalk-admins] kinstall on 64 bit solaris 7

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] kinstall on 64 bit solaris 7
From: Tim Carlson (tim@santafe.edu)
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 15:33:37 EDT

On Mon, 24 May 1999, Sung Koo wrote:

> message. I'm using egcs-1.1.2 gcc. This happens for I both the 32bit and

When you say the "lateset asun version" which version are you actually
talking about? netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 or a development version like
pre-asun2.1.4-16?

egcs 1.1.2 does not compile 64bit code. Only recent snapshots of egcs will
compile 64bit code. And in that case, you have to modify the flags that
you pass to the compiler.

> I've heard Sun's native compiler will actually work, but I just don't have
> it. Of course, egcs was suppose to work too.

I've been using various version of pre-asun2.1.4-xx compiled for Solaris 7
and 64bit. With Adrian's help I have been able to get most of the new
versions working. Just a slight problem with the latest -16 version but he
promises to have that fixed asap :)

Tim

Tim Carlson Voice: (505) 984-8800x255
Director of Computing: Santa Fe Institute Fax: (505) 982-0565
WWW: http://www.santafe.edu/~tim Email: tim@santafe.edu