Re: [netatalk-admins] a cold wind bloweth

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] a cold wind bloweth
From: wesley.craig@umich.edu
Date: Tue May 25 1999 - 15:38:57 EDT

> From: a sun <asun@saul2.u.washington.edu>
> To: wesley.craig@umich.edu

> when i get all of the kinks out of the code, i usually turn off most
> of the options. that usually makes it easier to compile. i do tend to
> leave the tcp wrapper stuff on though. having a little configure
> script that does feature tests and goes through and edits the Makefile
> for you would be ideal.

I recently built asun 2.1.3. My largest complaint is how difficult it
was to build correctly. I agree that tcp wrappers should be the
default for the AFP/TCP support. I'm not in favor of configure
scripts. I think most decisions can be made with only the system
version. In the case of Linux, I think we should probably be creating
RPMs, since version skew is so rampant.

> anyways, i'd be more than happy to get
> prototypes and stuff for the code to incorporate.

Well, let's try to focus on making this frozen version netatalk 2.0.
That, I think ought to include a source review/update for
ansi/posix/modern coding standards.

:wes