Re: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk Frustrations

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk Frustrations
From: Paul Krohn (krohn@examiner.com)
Date: Tue Jun 01 1999 - 16:19:09 EDT

congratulations! you installed netatalk & got it running without ready
_any_ of the man pages/documentation.

try 'man afpd' (and yes, usr/local/atalk/man must first be added to your
MANPATH). the first two screens tell you everything you need to know
about setting up shares for mac users.

>Sending it again, was not sure if it got through last time.
>

>Dear all,
>
>I just implmented netatalk into our network of a combination of 40 Ibm's
>and Macs. I am running a Linux server with the newest kernel and have
>Samba running very effiecently. Now I am trying to implement netatalk to
>accomplish the same thing I did with samba. I can so far log in with any
>mac and get my home directory off the unix server. But what I need to
>know is, how can I make a share that is centrally accessible to all mac
>users. Like a public share or something. Where I am going with this is I
>would like Samba and Netatalk to be able to access the same public
>shares. I require this for some of the account traffic our educational
>software requires. Thanks for any help you can provide.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Anthony L. Sollars
>Technology Coordinator
>Star of the Sea

"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the
first thing you say to yourself?"
"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"
"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.
Pooh nodded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing," he said.